[ogsa-wg] OGSA-MWS-BOF at GGF14 on Tues June 28, noon-1:30

Tom Maguire tmaguire at us.ibm.com
Wed Jun 22 07:00:52 CDT 2005

+1 to the composabiltiy aspect.  Certainly you should be able to compose
any number of profiles together.  Each one with their
own comformance claim.

Tom

Frey’s Law: “Every 5 years the number of architecture components double and
the ability to comprehend them halves”

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when
there is nothing left to take away.   – Antoine de Saint-Exupery

T o m   M a g u i r e

STSM, On Demand Architecture

Poughkeepsie, NY  12601

             "Djaoui, A
             (Abdeslem)"
             <A.Djaoui at rl.ac.u                                          To
             k>                        "Subramaniam, Ravi"
             Sent by:                  <ravi.subramaniam at intel.com>, "Ian
             owner-ogsa-wg at ggf         Foster" <foster at mcs.anl.gov>,
             .org                      "Marty Humphrey"
                                       <humphrey at cs.virginia.edu>,
                                       "Ogsa-Wg" <ogsa-wg at gridforum.org>
             06/22/2005 06:36                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [ogsa-wg] OGSA-MWS-BOF at GGF14
                                       on Tues June 28, noon-1:30

Hi

For me the main issues to address are:
A) Do we start from the web services design principle of COMPOSABILITY of
specifications and profiles?
B) If the answer is YES then how are we going to make sure that varoius new
GGF profiles and specifications are indeed composable with each other.
Once we have composable profiles it really doesn't matter how many profiles
we have. You can use one them or all of them, it is less tidy than having
one basic profile but its workable.
If we throw away the design principle of composability, then I am afraid it
is back to pre-OGSA pre-Web services era.

Abdeslem