[ogsa-wg] RNS critique (new revision available)

Manuel Pereira mpereira at almaden.ibm.com
Thu Jul 28 01:38:24 CDT 2005

Hello All,

In light of Dave Berry?s comments and considering the work already done, I
would like to propose that we keep the resolver operations, at least for
now.  If necessary, we can always factor them out into a separate document
in a later revision, provided that there is an equivalent replacement.
This implies the continued use of logical names (abstract names) within
RNS and thus the inclusion and description of the logical reference
(section 1.1.2.2).

The latest revision has been posted to GridForge:
https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/gfs-wg/document/RNS-Proposed_Final_Draft-v1.8/en/8

Major revisions include:
-       Completely revised ?Alias Junction? description in section 1.1.2.4
-       Revised section 1.1.2.2, previously ?Virtualized Reference
Junction? now made consistent with other terminology to be ?Logical
Reference Junction?
-       Section 1.2.2.2.1 updated to reflect revised property names and
corresponding values for logical references
-       Updated all of the namespace and implicit operations to
incorporate the said revisions
-       Updated section 2, with a particular emphasis in section 2.2.1.1
in an attempt to better describe the referral message
-       Updated the table in section 3.3.1 to reflect the use of the
?LogicalName? property throughout section 3
-       Completely removed the Grid File System naming profile from the
appendix
-       Absolute vs. Full Paths were elaborated and hopefully clarified
-       Description for mechanisms for namespace federation revised
-       Repository description explicitly clarified

Best regards,
Manuel Pereira
IBM Almaden Research Center
1-408-927-1935  [T/L 457]