[ogsa-wg] FW: Issue #1 proposed resolution

Stephen Pickles stephen.pickles at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Jan 24 08:26:28 CST 2005

I am justly rebuked. I wrote in a moment of panic and chose my words
unwisely.

Having digested the comments of those more expert than myself, my
current
understanding is that:
1) OGSA is unaffected.
2) WSRF is affected,
3) but the WSRF TC in OASIS was prepared. Changes to the specs,
    if indeed there are any that haven't already been addressed,
    should be minor.
4) Some examples probably will need revisiting.
5) Some (not all) implementations of earlier drafts of WSRF are affected
    (ours is one). Once again, the changes should be minor, but
    might come at the price of breaking compatibility with existing
    clients. But I won't lose much sleep over losing backwards
compatibility
    with early versions of draft specifications.
6) WSRF interoperability tests will need revisiting, but that's going to
    happen next month anyway.

The foundations of the "carefully architectured set of specifications"
seem solid enough to survive this tremor.

Best regards,

Stephen