[ogsa-wg] FW: Issue #1 proposed resolution

Tom Maguire tmaguire at us.ibm.com
Mon Jan 24 07:02:50 CST 2005

Steve, I'll jump in here for Steve.  There are a couple of things to
consider.  The GT4 distro is using the March submission specifications for
WSRF and WSN.  These documents are available from http://www.oasis-open.org
in the documents section (labeled march).  Those submission documents
reference an older version of WS-addressing (Only place I could find that
online was at BEA
http://dev2dev.bea.com/technologies/webservices/ws-addressing.jsp).

On a related note the OGSA Basic Profile 1.0 is currently in progress and
currently references the November 2004 specification from WSRF and the
August submission of WS-Addressing.  The BP work has a way to go...

Tom

Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that created
them.  —Albert Einstein
T o m   M a g u i r e

STSM, On Demand Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY  12601

             Steve Loughran
             <steve_loughran at h
             pl.hp.com>                                                 To
             Sent by:
             owner-ogsa-wg at ggf                                          cc
             .org                      "'OGSA-WG'"
                                       <ogsa-wg at gridforum.org>, "Djaoui, A
                                       (Abdeslem)" <A.Djaoui at rl.ac.uk>
             01/24/2005 06:45                                      Subject
             AM                        Re: [ogsa-wg] FW: Issue #1 proposed
                                       resolution

Steve Tuecke wrote:
> As far as I can tell, this decision has basically no effect on WSRF.
> The argument being made by some in the WS-A working group is that it is
> equivalent and more true to the Web to carry a resource identifier as
> part of the EPR address, rather than in a separate ResourceProperties
> field -- that is, the resource reference should all be in the URI,
> rather than split between a URI and separate resource properties.
> Implementation-wise it certainly makes very little difference.  And the
> WSRF working group had already abstracted the WS-Resource reference and
> access pattern, so that it is not tightly coupled to WS-A and reference
> properties anyway, so WSRF specification-wise it makes no difference.
>
> -Steve

Imagine I was behind schedule writing the WSDL for something based on WSRF.

Which versions of various specifications should I be using now that are
approximately in sync? Clearly I should not be specific as to how state
is represented in an endpointer, or other details that are highly
unstable.  But what versions of the WSA/WSDL/WSRF specs should be I be
using, and where do they live?

-steve