[ogsa-wg] FW: Issue #1 proposed resolution

Steve Loughran steve_loughran at hpl.hp.com
Mon Jan 24 05:45:11 CST 2005

Steve Tuecke wrote:
> As far as I can tell, this decision has basically no effect on WSRF.
> The argument being made by some in the WS-A working group is that it is
> equivalent and more true to the Web to carry a resource identifier as
> part of the EPR address, rather than in a separate ResourceProperties
> field -- that is, the resource reference should all be in the URI,
> rather than split between a URI and separate resource properties.
> Implementation-wise it certainly makes very little difference.  And the
> WSRF working group had already abstracted the WS-Resource reference and
> access pattern, so that it is not tightly coupled to WS-A and reference
> properties anyway, so WSRF specification-wise it makes no difference.
>
> -Steve

Imagine I was behind schedule writing the WSDL for something based on WSRF.

Which versions of various specifications should I be using now that are
approximately in sync? Clearly I should not be specific as to how state
is represented in an endpointer, or other details that are highly
unstable.  But what versions of the WSA/WSDL/WSRF specs should be I be
using, and where do they live?

-steve