[ogsa-wg] Resource Usage Service WG Meeting in Seoul

Jon MacLaren maclaren at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Feb 21 16:12:55 CST 2005

The Resource Usage Service working group has been developing a service
interface for the recording (and retrieval) of information pertaining
to the use of resources on the Grid.  Information is passed back and
forth using the Usage Record XML schema developed by the Usage Record
Working Group.

An implementation has also been created and tested at the University of
Manchester.  The service is likely to be deployed on the UK National
Grid Service, and may also become part of future releases of the OMII
software.

At past meetings, the turn out has been fairly poor.  We are keen to
finish this work in some way, and want to push things forward at GGF13.
  The revised specification will be presented, and the recent
implementation work discussed.  Accountancy-related work is clearly not
as glamourous as some activities, but it is a fundamental part of the
Grid.  I am writing to encourage you to turn up to our meeting in
Seoul.

The meeting is on Tuesday, March 15 from 3pm-4:30pm in the Sapphire
Ballroom 1.  Unfortunately, this clashes with the OGSA Design Team
meeting (and with JSDL-WG), but I hope that at least some people from
the OGSA-WG can attend.

The up-to-date specification, currently based on WS-I, can be found in
the RUS-WG mailing list archives at:

http://www-unix.gridforum.org/mail_archive/rus-wg/2005/02/msg00001.html

Thanks for your time,

Jon MacLaren.