[ogsa-wg] [ogsa-wg | Basic Profile - 1231] ENDPOINTREFERENCE resilientReference element definition

Frank Siebenlist franks at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Feb 15 12:56:22 CST 2005

One other thing that is missing is the resource-typing information in
the resolver-EPRs.

The normal EPRs are enhanced with wsdl-information about the
webservice-resource.

A resolver-EPR is essentially a handle, an indirection to the resource,
and it will only hold the wsdl-info about that resolver-resource.

It would be useful to augment a resolver-EPR with the typing information
of the resource such that program/tooling can anticipate the kind of EPR
returned. (The reasons are very similar to why the EPR is decorated with
the the interfacename&servicename.)

Maybe an (optional) "ReferencedInterfaceName" element could be used in
the extensible section of the EndPointReference or in the Policy (?).

-Frank.

Frank Siebenlist               franks at mcs.anl.gov
The Globus Alliance - Argonne National Laboratory