[ogsa-wg] OGSA EMC BoF on Simple job submission

Ian Foster foster at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Feb 7 11:56:50 CST 2005

Hrabri:

I would think that the job submission thing we need is almost completely
trivial, as noted in earlier emails on ogsa-wg at ggf.org: it is basically a
"create" call, with a JSDL string; the (also very simple) WSRF mechanisms
then address the few other functions needed. The complexities all live in
the JSDL, not the WSDL.

On the API side, I'd strongly encourage the SAGA guys to look at the GT4
GRAM API, as it is makes it easy to do simple things, while also addressing
many other things like staging, delegation, etc. See
http://www-unix.globus.org/toolkit/docs/development/4.0-drafts/execution/wsgram/user/globusrun-ws.html.

Ian.

At 09:15 AM 2/7/2005 -0800, Rajic, Hrabri wrote:
>Tom,
>
>Are OGSA EMC people aware of the most recent SAGA-RG work?  Would
>SAGA-RG people like to engage OGSA EMC and possibly co-sponsor a Simple
>job submission WG?  This could be a nice opportunity to tie in the
>classic API and the WSDL approach.
>
>One thing to consider:  Do we really need APIs in SRM, APME, and now in
>ARCH areas?
>
>Hrabri
>

>---- from "[ogsa-wg] Proposed agenda for Feb. 7th call" mail by Hiro
>-------
>
>4) Simple job submission BoF preparation (30 min)
>        From the minutes of Jan. 19 call.
> > - There is a plan to do an EM-related BoF. Stacey should know about
> >     it but it is not the job of the OGSA-WG to tell her---the
> >     proposed-chairs should do it. Preparation has not progressed to
> >     that point yet so Andrew as Area Director will take care of it.
>
> >   Action: Andrew as Area director to send an email to the directors of
> >          the relevant Area (SRM: Bill, Stephen) to let them know of
> >          the proposed BoF; also to Stacey to reserve a slot.
>
> >  - Andrew mentioned that on the Data call there was a discussion for
> >    a similar BoF for Data.
>
>     -Hrabri

Ian Foster                    www.mcs.anl.gov/~foster
Math & Computer Science Div.  Dept of Computer Science
Argonne National Laboratory   The University of Chicago
Argonne, IL 60439, U.S.A.     Chicago, IL 60637, U.S.A.
Tel: 630 252 4619             Fax: 630 252 1997
         Globus Alliance, www.globus.org