[ogsa-wg] Data: BOF proposal; also no telcon this week or next?

Dave Berry daveb at nesc.ac.uk
Sun Feb 6 08:42:47 CST 2005

Dear all,

There is a plan afoot to propose a BOF at GGF13 for a WG to fully
specify the BasicFiles interface.  The purpose of this interface is to
provide simple read/write operations on streams of bytes (indeed, it
might be renamed "ByteIO").  The catch is that BOF requests must be
submitted by Feb 11th, so we have to sort out the details now.

This will be discussed on the Monday (Feb 7th) main OGSA call.  I
believe that it is not an action that we can undertake purely as a
design team.  I attach Hiro's message with the agenda for tomorrow's
call, for those few of you who aren't on the ogsa-wg list.

I'm not planning to have a data telcon this week, unless people request
it.  Our informal F2F will be reported on tomorrow's main OGSA telcon.

Next week there is an OGSA F2F in Chicago, and I will be on holiday in
England, so I will not be organising a telcon then either.  This will
make the next data telcon be on February 23rd.

Best wishes,

Dave Berry
Research Manager, National e-Science Centre
15 South College St., Edinburgh
Tel: +44 131 6514039