[ogsa-wg] Teleconference minutes - 2 November 2005

Donal K. Fellows donal.k.fellows at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Dec 9 03:37:14 CST 2005

Steven Newhouse wrote:
> A selector interface is being defined as part of the RSS activities
> (https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/ogsa-rss-wg/) . They may have a
> comment to make on the nature of the interface they are considering -
> and how it could/could not encompass these services.

I (as OGSA-RSS co-chair) welcome any input people have over possible
strategies. At the moment, I'm thinking in terms of ordered sets where
the caller supplies a ranking function[*] (or input to such a function).
That gives plenty of flexibility and power. I'd love to have input from
other people as to what sorts of things ought to go in the ranking
function parameter; we could leave it unspecified (easy for the RSS WG!)
but that's not good for working towards an interoperable solution so I'd
like to seed the space with at least a minimal level of things that must
be supported.

Donal Fellows.
[* Experience with Condor indicates that a "general acceptability"
    filter is also useful, but a first hack at that is a straight
    resource satisfaction check which ought to be performed anyway. ]