[ogsa-wg] GGF-DMTF Work Register

Tom Maguire tmaguire at us.ibm.com
Thu Aug 4 08:28:02 CDT 2005

Todd, Tom,

The OGSA-WG reached a rough consensus on the wording amendment to the
GGF-DMTF Work Register (see below) during last nights telecon.  Sorry I did
not get this to you earlier.  The approvals in both GGF and DMTF will
proceed in parallel.  Obviously, it the GFSG non-concurs we may need to
revise (I expect this not to happen).  Thanks for your help in this.

Todd,
Will you get this update into the document and balloted or should I go
ahead and do that?  (Greg, I think this answers your question from a
separate note.)

Tom,
Hiro will be sending a note to you under a separate cover asking for GFSG
approval of the amendment.

      The DMTF and GGF will work to define and publicize a draft generic
   abstract
      wsdl:portType mapping for classes in the CIM model (1Q/2006)
               Each 'extrinsic' operation on a CIM class will be modeled as
               wsdl:operation

               Properties of the CIM class which are rendered in XML schema
               (detailed in xml schema and namespace milestone) will be
   available
               through the wsdl:types section

      It is envisioned that some set of qualifiers will be mapped to xml
      schema and wsdl constructs.  The specifics of this mapping are viewed
   as
      explicitly part of the work to render the model.  As such GGF has no
      specific requirements for qualifiers at this time but may have
      requirements as the work product develops.
      The intent of this deliverable is to make available a set of standard
      wsdl:portTypes representing the CIM modeled aspect of classes
      (extrinsics and properties only).  It is envisioned that these
   portTypes
      will be mixed in with additional capabilities from Grid disciplines
      support Basic Execution Services, Data Virtualization and other areas
   as
      they are developed.

Frey’s Law: “Every 5 years the number of architecture components double and
the ability to comprehend them halves”

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when
there is nothing left to take away.   – Antoine de Saint-Exupery

T o m   M a g u i r e

STSM, On Demand Architecture

Poughkeepsie, NY  12601

             Tom
             Maguire/Hawthorne
             /IBM at IBMUS                                                 To
             Sent by:                  Hiro Kishimoto
             owner-ogsa-wg at ggf         <hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com>
             .org                                                       cc
                                       ogsa-wg at ggf.org,
                                       owner-ogsa-wg at ggf.org, Tom Roney
             08/01/2005 10:42          <troney at ncsa.uiuc.edu>, Ellen
             PM                        Stokes/Austin/IBM at IBMUS
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [ogsa-wg] GGF-DMTF Work

Folks,
On the OGSA-WG telecon 8/1 I took an AI to add a milestone/deliverable to
the GGF-DMTF Work Register.  Specifically, the milestone reflects the
urgent desire of the OGSA-WG to have a normative WSDL for classes expressed
in the CIM schema.  This milestone builds on the current addition to the
work register from OGSA-D; namely the namespace and xml schema for the
properties of CIM classes.  The addition to the work register being
proposed is as follows:

   The DMTF will define and publicize abstract wsdl:portType for classes in
   the CIM model (February 2006)
            Each 'extrinsic' operation on a CIM class will be modeled as a
            wsdl:operation
            Properties of the CIM class which are rendered in XML schema
            (detailed in previous deliverable) will be available through
            the wsdl:types section
   It is envisioned that some set of qualifiers will be mapped to xml
   schema and wsdl constructs.  The specifics of this mapping are viewed as
   explicitly part of the work to render the model.  As such GGF has no
   specific requirements at this time but may have requirements as the work
   product develops.
   The intent of this deliverable is to make available a set of standard
   wsdl:portTypes representing the CIM modeled aspect of classes
   (extrinsics and properties only).  It is envisioned that these portTypes
   will be mixed in with additional capabilities from Grid disciplines to
   support Basic Execution Services, Data Virtualization and other areas as
   they are developed.

Note: Abstract wsdl:portType refers to wsdl:portType definitions without
bindings.

OGSA-WG members please give me your feedback and edits ASAP.

Tom