[ogsa-wg] GGF-DMTF Work Register

Tom Maguire tmaguire at us.ibm.com
Tue Aug 2 10:47:52 CDT 2005

inline

"Donal K. Fellows" <donal.k.fellows at manchester.ac.uk> wrote on 08/02/2005
11:13:14 AM:

> Tom Maguire wrote:
> > So my point is:
> > 1) ANY resource model we use MUST have a normative xml expression
> > 2) ANY resource model we use MUST have a normative wsdl expression
> >
> > For specific, specific disciplines we undoubtedly will use portions of
> > CIM.  We (OGSA) will undoubtedly use portions of other resource models
> > (perhaps IETF for networking). All of the models we use MUST meet the
> > normative low bar above 1 & 2.
>
> I wasn't aware that resource models were inherently services. They're
> just a way of describing the terms used in some data relating to the
> description of a resource, surely?

Some resource models also model behaviour. I know that some find this
incorrect and strange; but from a model driven architecture perspective
it makes sense to do that.

> Or do you distinguish between purely
> passive descriptive models and active manipulable models of a resource?

Should have been more precise. 2) should read
2) ANY resource model that expresses operations MUST have a normative wsdl
expression