[ogsa-wg] Teleconference minutes - 1 August 2005

Ian Foster foster at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Aug 3 05:49:50 CDT 2005

I'd recommend that we simply delete the list of projects, and say something
about "various open source software provide ..."

The original text was intended to say something specific: that Globus
provided a particularly high-quality and widely used implementation of many
OGSA-relevant specifications and thus played a particularly important role
in OGSA work. (This text was proposed by Mark Linesch, by the way, not by
me.) Clearly, others didn't like to see Globus called out in this way, and
so the single mention of Globus has grown into a list. Of course, once you
have a list, it will be always be incomplete. Further, any inclusion in an
OGSA roadmap implies some form of endorsement, and I don't think we have
enough knowledge about all of the listed software to know whether they all
provide robust implementations of OGSA-relevant specifications, as is
implied. For both those reasons, I recommend that we delete the list.

At 04:02 PM 8/3/2005 +0900, Andreas Savva wrote:
>   - Add new projects (submitted text) and change the list of projects
>     at the top of section 8 so that additions or deletions do not
>     cause changes.

Ian Foster                    www.mcs.anl.gov/~foster
Math & Computer Science Div.  Dept of Computer Science
Argonne National Laboratory   The University of Chicago
Argonne, IL 60439, U.S.A.     Chicago, IL 60637, U.S.A.
Tel: 630 252 4619             Fax: 630 252 1997
         Globus Alliance, www.globus.org