[ogsa-wg] OGSA Roadmap doc v5 uploaded

Treadwell, Jem jem.treadwell at hp.com
Tue Apr 26 14:58:16 CDT 2005

Hi,

I've uploaded v5 of the OGSA Roadmap document for review at Wednesday's
meeting - you can find it at: http://tinyurl.com/ccsza.

These are mostly my usual nitpick editing changes, and there are a lot
of them, so given that the document is quite short it's probably easiest
to read it with a fresh eye than try to follow the changes.

1) Although the changes are significant, I didn't intentionally change
any substance, except as noted below - just reworded things in some
places.

2) In 2.2, OGSA Profiles, there seemed to be a problem with the flow -
it went back mid-section and described again what OGSA Profiles are, but
in a different way.  So I reorganized it to what I believe is a logical
flow, by moving paragraphs and, in some cases, parts of sentences around
(e.g. the first sentence was moved from the middle of the section).
Other than one para (the one that begins "In addition...") I don't
believe I changed the wording much in this section - the changes are all
just cut and paste, and I haven't deleted anything.

3) In 2.4, OGSA Branding, I had some problems with the original wording,
and reworded it to what I *think* it was intended to say.  I may have
got this wrong, so it will need careful review!  But I'm aware that Hiro
was passing this section to the GFSG, so we may want to reject these
changes and leave it as is until we have agreement.

I've also reviewed the Tracker items that Hiro had set to "fixed," and
closed all but one of them.

- Jem

--

Jem Treadwell
Hewlett-Packard Company           Phone:  (732) 577-6043
Manalapan, NJ 07726               E-mail: Jem.Treadwell at hp.com