[ogsa-wg] OGSA Evolution Policy Statement Draft 2

Mario Antonioletti mario at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Wed Apr 13 08:01:12 CDT 2005

Hi,
   A couple of questions:

	o Would be good to clarify whether profiles only clarify
          existing standards or wtherer they can change them? I
	  would hope only clarify or restrict but do not change.
	  Should this be stated explicitly?

	o I worry about the statement that profiles need not be
	  consistent with other profiles. This then puts in a
	  requirement for meta profiles to clarify
          interoperability issues between profiles
	  and you get into an endless loop. Surely once a
	  profile is accepted by the GGF process other profiles
	  should be consistent with their predecessors *unless*
	  they have good reason not to do so. People need to
	  talk to each other to make sure profiles interoperate
	  at some level.

Also, one typo on page 2 end of first paragraph "later"->"latter",

			Mario

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, David Snelling wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Following a weeks time for comments, I have received very little but
> valuable feedback. I have clarified the definition of the
> Infrastructure Level, which several people noted was not as clear as it
> could be.
>
> Further comments welcome. It is not yet frozen.
>
> --
>
> Take care:
>
>      Dr. David Snelling < David . Snelling . UK . Fujitsu . com >
>      Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe
>      Hayes Park Central
>      Hayes End Road
>      Hayes, Middlesex  UB4 8FE
>
>      +44-208-606-4649 (Office)
>      +44-208-606-4539 (Fax)
>      +44-7768-807526  (Mobile)

|Mario Antonioletti:EPCC,JCMB,The King's Buildings,Edinburgh EH9 3JZ.   |
|Tel:0131 650 5141|mario at epcc.ed.ac.uk|http://www.epcc.ed.ac.uk/~mario/ |