[ogsa-wg] RE: Modeling State: Technical Questions

Mark McKeown zzalsmm3 at nessie.mcc.ac.uk
Tue Apr 5 07:55:51 CDT 2005

Hi Karl,

> Yes, your example confused me as my later reply should indicate. I am
> all in favor of opaque URIs. This is less disconcerting, but it begs
> the question of how one obtains the URI for the example below.  I can
> only imagine it is by posing a structured query to a well-known
> service with a well-known data model and query language.  I think this
> is the hard part; once the structured model is known, does it really
> help to "cook" queries into an intermediate URI result versus just
> embedding the query expression in the intended operation(s) as a
> scoping/selection argument?

I am not sure why you need an "intermediate" URI result, the URI
http://thegrid/35467356754674567456770807 can identify the resource
that represents all of Ian's active jobs that have used more than
1 hours CPU time for all time. You only have to find out what the
URI is once - still doesn't help you find it the first time though ;-)

cheers
MArk