[ogsa-rss-wg] OGSA-RSS Agenda Topic

Mathias Dalheimer dalheimer at itwm.fhg.de
Fri Jan 20 09:03:19 CST 2006

Hi together,

Thomas Fahringer from Insbruck offered the following talk in our
session, which I would like to put on the agenda. Abstract:

Scheduler Interfaces in the ASKALON Grid Environment

     Static, full-ahead scheduling has several drawbacks in planning
complex applications on the Grid. For this reason, the interplay between
the scheduler and other services becomes crucial for appropriate mapping
and execution of the applictions in Grid environments.
     In this presentation, we present the interfaces and the protocols
between the scheduler and various other services in the ASKALON
service-oriented Grid environment, in particular to:

* the resource manager, for negotiation of advance reservation slots and
other SLA parameters,
* enactment engine, for triggering apropriate re-scheduling events for
workflows with dynamic run-time structure,
* performance prediction service, for receiving estimates of the overall
execution time of workflow activities on the Grid.

This should be interesting with regard to our topics.

-Mathias