[ogsa-rss-wg] Updated Ordering Language Schema

Donal K. Fellows donal.k.fellows at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Feb 10 09:20:06 CST 2006

Hi everyone!

I've uploaded a new version of the ordering language schema to GridForge

https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/ogsa-rss-wg/document/Candidate_Ordering_Language_Schema_draft

This version has a few changes from the last one, most of which are
because I've now made sure that the document can now be validated
(ahem!) and that it also produces useful output Java classes when passed
through the AXIS 1.2 tooling. One minor change of note:

There is only one XPath selector term now, but the container for that
selector now has an attribute that says how to map the NodeSet that
comes from the XPath search to a float. One of the map operations I've
defined is 'exists' which effectively does the older <Exists> element's
behaviour. The other map operations are 'first' (select first Node in
set), 'count' (report the cardinality of the set) and 'total' (add all
the values in the set); I'm open to adding more mapping ops, but I can't
think of any other useful ones on a Friday afternoon. :-)

All other changes are essentially cosmetic, driven by the need to
validate and tool up usefully.

Feedback is *very* welcome!

Donal.