[ogsa-naming-wg] New Version of WS-Naming

David Snelling David.Snelling at UK.Fujitsu.com
Thu Nov 9 05:15:48 CST 2006

Andreas,

I suggest you go ahead and implement all these changes, creating
trackers so that we can close on them on the next call. The sooner we
get this one complete, the better. If anyone objects to Andreas
proceeding, please respond quickly, but backing out these changes
would be easy.

On 6 Nov 2006, at 06:03, Andreas Savva wrote:

> I had a really quick look through this version and a couple of
> comments are:
> - WS-Addressing version 2005/03 is referenced. It should be 2005/08
> - Since multiple conformance URIs are defined it would be nice (to the
> reader) to list all of them in section 2.2, before the statement on
> minimal conformance.
>
>> 2) Change all the copyright and IP stuff. I suggest we age Greg to do
>> it for us before public comment.
>
> I can do this update if you want.
>
> Andreas
>
> David Snelling wrote:
>> [Bicycle crash boiler plate: I will include this boiler plate in my
>> mails for a few weeks to apologize for terseness in the rest of the
>> mail.  I have a broken finger from the crash on Oct 4th, and typing
>> is hard and possible only in short spurts. Sorry, Dave.]
>>
>> Folks,
>>
>> Sorry for the delay, but due to the above, I can't spend very long at
>> the keyboard in any one session.
>>
>> What I have done:
>>
>> 1) Taken a copy of the September version of WS Naming and set the
>> lock on Gridforge.
>>
>> 2) Updated dates and version numbers.
>>
>> 3) Accepted all existing changes.
>>
>> 4) For tracker 5595 from Andreas:
>>
>> Item 1: Done.
>>
>> Item 2: Done.
>>
>> Item 3: this would make sense if this reverenced profiles were
>> external, but since these references are internal to the document, I
>> feel this re-structureing is unnecessary. It would certainly be non-
>> normative. I have not acted on thi item.
>>
>> Item 4: This issue has come up before (I thnik in a separate (closed)
>> tracker in WS-Naming, but I am off line. In anycase, clinets can be
>> expected to discover this through the WSDL of the service supporting
>> the resolver or factory portype. Non-normantive text to this effect
>> was added.
>>
>> Due to Item 3, I have left the status as "Pending". The WG will need
>> to agree to this negligence on my part.
>>
>> 5) For tracker 3070 from Frank:
>>
>> Section 4.2 appears to cater for multiple URIs in the EPR. I find it
>> dificult to see why a SOAP message should contain more than one. I
>> have not changed this section. This is consistent with the usage of
>> the Address field as an identifier, since only one wsa:To field isa
>> allowed.
>>
>> The Metadata section of the EPR already allows multiple instances of
>> what ever is needed there, so no schema changes were needed.
>>
>> The exception was in the fault messages, I enabled the schema with
>> the ability to include multiple EPRs of both types.
>>
>> Closure still to be agreed by the WG.
>>
>> 6) For tracker 5586:
>>
>> As agreed below, I did not change the return value from the function.
>> I did however, add the possibility of returning and EPI as part of
>> the extended error message on a failed resolve. I believe that this
>> ie what we agreed.

> [...]

Take care:

     Dr. David Snelling < David . Snelling . UK . Fujitsu . com >
     Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe
     Hayes Park Central
     Hayes End Road
     Hayes, Middlesex  UB4 8FE