[ogsa-naming-wg] New Version of WS-Naming

David Snelling David.Snelling at UK.Fujitsu.com
Fri Nov 3 01:52:52 CST 2006

[Bicycle crash boiler plate: I will include this boiler plate in my
mails for a few weeks to apologize for terseness in the rest of the
mail.  I have a broken finger from the crash on Oct 4th, and typing
is hard and possible only in short spurts. Sorry, Dave.]

Folks,

Sorry for the delay, but due to the above, I can't spend very long at
the keyboard in any one session.

What I have done:

1) Taken a copy of the September version of WS Naming and set the
lock on Gridforge.

2) Updated dates and version numbers.

3) Accepted all existing changes.

4) For tracker 5595 from Andreas:

Item 1: Done.

Item 2: Done.

Item 3: this would make sense if this reverenced profiles were
external, but since these references are internal to the document, I
feel this re-structureing is unnecessary. It would certainly be non-
normative. I have not acted on thi item.

Item 4: This issue has come up before (I thnik in a separate (closed)
tracker in WS-Naming, but I am off line. In anycase, clinets can be
expected to discover this through the WSDL of the service supporting
the resolver or factory portype. Non-normantive text to this effect
was added.

Due to Item 3, I have left the status as "Pending". The WG will need
to agree to this negligence on my part.

5) For tracker 3070 from Frank:

Section 4.2 appears to cater for multiple URIs in the EPR. I find it
dificult to see why a SOAP message should contain more than one. I
have not changed this section. This is consistent with the usage of
the Address field as an identifier, since only one wsa:To field isa
allowed.

The Metadata section of the EPR already allows multiple instances of
what ever is needed there, so no schema changes were needed.

The exception was in the fault messages, I enabled the schema with
the ability to include multiple EPRs of both types.

Closure still to be agreed by the WG.

6) For tracker 5586:

As agreed below, I did not change the return value from the function.
I did however, add the possibility of returning and EPI as part of
the extended error message on a failed resolve. I believe that this
ie what we agreed.

The new document has been posted. A quick call should confirm it all.

Things left to do:

1) Schema check - Michel and anyone else who wants to try.

2) Change all the copyright and IP stuff. I suggest we age Greg to do
it for us before public comment.

--

Take care:

     Dr. David Snelling < David . Snelling . UK . Fujitsu . com >
     Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe
     Hayes Park Central
     Hayes End Road
     Hayes, Middlesex  UB4 8FE