[ogsa-hpcp-wg] Updated Advanced Filter specification

Donal K. Fellows donal.k.fellows at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Jan 25 03:18:28 CST 2008

Steven Newhouse wrote:
>> Major point: Is there a reason for not using the elements from the
>> Usage Record v1.0 specification in there?
>
> I went back and reviewed the copy of the UR spec I've been carrying about for the last month! The need is to report a node status in terms of information to drive scheduling. Here used and free memory/processors are important. I could not see a way of capturing all that information from UR. UR is also focused on the absolute resource used by a job - as opposed to a node's resources.
>
> Am I missing something here?

Oops, I must have misread things there. How embarrassing for me! In that
case, I think I'll have to amend my suggestion to request that the
element names make it very clear that these are "job-independent per
node totals" or something like that. Don't want anyone else making the
mistake I did. :-)

Donal.