[ogsa-hpcp-wg] Updated Advanced Filter specification

Donal K. Fellows donal.k.fellows at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Jan 24 09:30:15 CST 2008

Steven Newhouse wrote:
> I've updated the Advanced Filter specification to include a mechanism to retrieve dynamic attributes from a node:
>
> https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/docman/do/downloadDocument/projects.ogsa-hpcp-wg/docman.root.drafts.adv_filter_ext/doc14975
>
> Comments welcome.

Minor nits: In the "Status of this Memo" section on the front page,
you've got "Advacned" instead of "Advanced". In the paragraph at the top
of page 4, you've got "activies" instead of "activities". In the
paragraph describing "/hpcp-af:UserName" you've got "derivied" instead
of "derived". In the paragraph describing "/hpcp-af:Owner" (also pp.4)
you've got "activites" instead of "activities". In the description of
"/hpcp-af:CompactResources" you've got "muti" and "mulit" instead of
"multi" and you probably should use "head-node" instead of "headnode".

Major point: Is there a reason for not using the elements from the Usage
Record v1.0 specification in there? I can understand not wanting to
necessarily provide a full UR, but it'd be a good idea for at least the
elements to be semantically compatible. (As a separate point, it's not
exactly clear to me what the meaning of "free memory" is; operating
systems do some funny tricks there.)

Donal.