[ogsa-hpcp-wg] [SAGA-RG] Hosted applications

Ravi Madduri madduri at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Aug 25 13:35:41 CDT 2008

There is some work being done in Globus as part of the gRAVI project.
We do use JSDL to generate Grid Job templates for provisioning
applications that are exposed as Grid services. We also integrated
this work with Virtual workspaces where provisioning happens using EC2-
style hosting mechanisms. Our goal was to generate a fully functional,
secure grid service without writing a single line of code ( for the
simplest usecase). More details can be found here:

http://dev.globus.org/wiki/Incubator/gRAVI

This is being used in the caBIG community and in the DoE community.
More details here on the scidac website here : http://www.scidac.gov/

Regards

On Aug 25, 2008, at 12:24 PM, Steven Newhouse wrote:

> There is also a bit of overlap here with the Application Template
> done in the HPC Profile WG.
>
> http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/docman/do/downloadDocument/projects.ogsa-hpcp-wg/docman.root.drafts.application_template/doc15034
>
> The main goal of this spec is to reduce the amount of info the user
> has to specify in a JSDL document and let the system admin provide
> (server side) the details needed to run a particular admin on a
> local cluster.
>
> Steven

Ravi K Madduri
The Globus Alliance | Argonne National Laboratory | University of
Chicago
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~madduri