[ogsa-hpcp-wg] proposed ActivityCredential and DataStaging extensions for HPC Profile

Andreas Savva andreas.savva at jp.fujitsu.com
Wed Sep 19 10:18:44 CDT 2007

A couple of quick comments:

Steven Newhouse wrote:
> A few comments on the draft:
>

> 1.       Rename the document to File Staging as opposed to Data Staging.
> We are explicit about files throughout the document and do not address
> tructured data.
>
> 2.       FileSystemName – I’d vote for ignoring it if set without
> generating faults. If we are going to honour it then we have to support
> the JSDL FileSystem model which would add to the complexity IMHO.

If you choose not to support FileSystemName and it is present then
generating a fault is the approach in line with the JSDL specification:
"All elements present in a JSDL document MUST be satisfied ..."

> 3.       FileName – this is the local relative filename or directory for
> recursive copying. I think this should be relative to the users HOME
> directory (or equivalent) or the WorkingDirectory element of HPCA if
> specified. Not sure if that is mentioned anywhere.

Since you don't plan to support filesystems this should be relative to
the working directory. This is mentioned in the  JSDL spec.

--
Andreas Savva