[ogsa-hpcp-wg] Proposed Changes to Data Staging specification

Steven Newhouse Steven.Newhouse at microsoft.com
Wed Nov 28 12:09:36 CST 2007

Based on my (& others?) implementation experience of this draft at SC07 I would propose the following modifications:

1. Change the specification name from Data Staging to File Staging. [I know I keep raising this... but data has very specific meaning to some people and this spec does not cover it any form at the moment.]
2. No use of the FileSystemName element in JSDL
3. Scrap the StagingSchedule element in section 3.2
4. Remove the dependency of this specification on the Activity Credential specification by:
  a) Placing a Credential element (wrapping a WS-Security authentication token) within the JSDL DataStaging element if a specific credential is needed for that file operation
  b) Placing a Credential element (wrapping a WS-Security authentication token) within the JSDL JobDescription element if a specific credential (different from the one used to connect to the service) is required to execute that application on the resource.

There are probably other tweaks... but these would be my immediate issues following on from the SC07 experience.

Steven