[ogsa-hpcp-wg] File staging extension

Paolo Andretto paolo.andreetto at pd.infn.it
Fri Nov 2 08:10:34 CDT 2007

The solution proposed by EGEE/OMII for the datastaging with the
CREAM-BES is essentially the Andrew's one.
We've modified the middleware in order to support "ftp://user:pwd@host"
ONLY for this demo; the CREAM-BES usually supports only gsiftp and https.
If the service is not able to find these credentials in the URI then it
tries to retrieve username&password from WSS header (Username token
profile). Having a password written in a jsdl file is abysmal, we know,
but for a demo can be a good compromise.
For the long term the datastaging is an issue for the OMII project that
depends on reaching an agreement for a "common delegation mechanism", so
now it's too early for spending more efforts on that.

Cheers
Paolo