[ogsa-hpcp-wg] File staging extension

A.S.McGough asm at doc.ic.ac.uk
Thu Nov 1 18:48:20 CDT 2007

Two small points here,

First off, I think we can sell this as a non security problem. We're not
proposing ftp as a mechanism for transmitting private data. Especially
if we use uernames of "anonymous" and similar passwords. Many people
still use ftp for making non-secure information available thus we can do
the same here. We use ftp to transfer bioinformatics databases which are
also available from a project web page so this can be seen as not a problem.

Second, I don't know if anyone saw the spam of the
"we've-scooped-your-passwords" last year (if you didn't they got the
first five passwords to be the first few lines of the parody on lord of
the rings "one OS to rule them all...."). I know the people who did this
and it took over 40,000 connections to get these to the top of the list.
So hopefully unless we're submitting that many jobs we won't make it
that high.

Other than that I agree with KISS for now.

steve..

Dr A. Stephen McGough                       http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~asm