[ogsa-hpcp-wg] HPCBP Extensions Short-list

Bill Nitzberg bill at computer.org
Mon Dec 10 21:41:21 CST 2007

Hi,

I had occasion to have coffee with Chris Smith today, and we discussed what we
think would be the most useful near-term extensions to the HPCBP.

Turns out our list is pretty short (in no particular order):

File staging (already in process)

Kerberos credentials (with Active Directory support)

Application inventory (a simple list of available applications, maybe leveraging
the Glue Scheme work)

Machine inventory (a list of hardware: hosts, cpus, memory, etc, as well as
what's in use and what's free; maybe also leveraging the Glue Scheme)

Resource usage data (for simple accounting and status reporting)

Anyone else interested in any of these areas?  Anyone interested enough to work
on drafting an extension?

Best regards,

- bill

Bill Nitzberg