[ogsa-hpcp-wg] Agenda for Friday's Call

Richard Ciapala richci at microsoft.com
Fri Oct 20 00:23:15 CDT 2006

Hi,

During tomorrow's conf call, maybe we can take another step forward with regards to coordinating the demos that show off the HPC Basic Profile web service implementations. As we have discussed on previous calls, the rough plan has been to balance some level of consistency across server-side implementations while allowing participants to build their own clients. Though in some cases participants may partner to build metascheduling  or workflow scenarios, we also discussed a "base" demo where any participant can execute an activity on any other participant's cluster, manage the activity and retrieve output. If we agree to have this base demo, besides the individual HPC Basic Profile web service implementations, each participant would be asked to provide the following:

*         An application hosted on their cluster

 *   The JSDL to execute that application
 *   A consistent way to specify the name of the application in the JSDL so it can be forwarded to the correct cluster (for those who will do forwarding scenarios)
 *   A HTTP directory from where the results of the application is produced. Possibly in the format of (http://address/output/application/user)
With that said, an agenda for tomorrow's call could be:

*         Should we move forward with the base demo?

 *   How should the application be specified in the JSDL for forwarding scenarios?
    *   Use existing JSDL ApplicationName (which is not in HPC Basic Profile but isn't precluded from being used)
    *   HPCProfileApplication\@name attribute (which is in the HPC Basic Profile)
    *   Other?
 *   Open marketing issues
 *   WSDL/XSD changes