[ogsa-hpcp-wg] ActivityStatusType in bes-factory.xsd

Christopher Smith csmith at platform.com
Wed Oct 18 17:48:27 CDT 2006

Hi all,

Given the text in the bes specification (v26), the type of the elements
within ActivityStatusType should not be xsd:anyType, but should use the
definitions as follows. This is in line with the extensible state model as
described in the specification:

  <xsd:complexType name="ActivityStateType">
    <xsd:sequence>
      <xsd:any namespace="##other" processContents="lax"
               minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
    </xsd:sequence>
  </xsd:complexType>

  <xsd:complexType name="ActivityStatusType">
    <xsd:choice>
      <xsd:element name="Pending" type="bes-factory:ActivityStateType"/>
      <xsd:element name="Running" type="bes-factory:ActivityStateType"/>
      <xsd:element name="Cancelled" type="bes-factory:ActivityStateType"/>
      <xsd:element name="Failed" type="bes-factory:ActivityStateType"/>
      <xsd:element name="Finished" type="bes-factory:ActivityStateType"/>
    </xsd:choice>
  </xsd:complexType>

Um ... how can we track these issues, and (more importantly) quickly get
some closure on them in order to update our implementations?

-- Chris