[ogsa-hpcp-wg] Minutes from Sept-29-06 call

Marty Humphrey humphrey at cs.virginia.edu
Sun Oct 1 09:40:32 CDT 2006

Minutes from OGSA HPC Profile (SC 2006 Demo) call, Sept-29-06 11:00 EDT

Participants:
	Marty Humphrey, University of Virginia
	Chris Smith, Platform
	Rich Ciapala, Microsoft
	Susanne Balle, HP
	Vivian Li, Fujitsu
	Steve McGough (GridSAM), Imperial College
	Ming Xu, Microsoft

Note: the telecon has been moved, starting this week, to Fri 11:00 EDT

Topics:

[1] Put http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~humphrey/SC2006.htm at GridForge wiki?
Yes or No?

Marty gave an overview of the pros and cons of putting the current status of
the interop work at the GridForge wiki site for OGSA-HPCP. Because there is
potentially confidential information intended to be on this page, the group
chose to keep the information in the current place (via a planned
password-protected page at the University of Virginia, which was viewed as
the simpler mechanism than the wiki). Chris Smith suggested that we divide
the content into two types: public and private. The public could go on the
GridForge page, while the private could stay at UVa. We generally tabled
this discussion (because it's not a pressing issue right now).

[2] "What should we do about faults" - see the message Glenn Wasson sent out
recently for details

It was discussed that the SOAP-1.2 fault message might be used in a
problematic way, and that this is a topic for BES more than our group
directly.

Resolution: Rich will take the latest from Peter Lane and propose that
instead of SOAP-1.2 fault element inside of the response message we use
xsd:any, and [2] this should be brought up in BES.

Rich noted that we might not need SOAP-1.2 because it was only brought in
for faults.

[3] "do you accept the following schema changes" - Glenn Wasson sent out a
message about this ("these are typos or errors in the schema that have to be
fixed for everyone's tooling")

It was noted that Peter and Glenn seem to be converging, and then we believe
that the ball was in Glenn's court. Rich used Peter's email from last night
(Thurs/Fri), and that it seemed ok.

Resolution: Noting that Peter's last email asked Glenn to identify the
duplicate elements, and seeing that Glenn is currently at a conference, Rich
is going to attempt to identify the precise duplicates and send email to the
group. Related to this, we believe "GetFactoryAttributesDocument" is the
correct name -- but this doesn't seem to be reflected in the current BES
version (v26? Someone has the token to create a v27? We will check with Mark
Morgan.) Rich will send out new schema today.

Next call: Friday Oct 6 11:00 EDT