[ogsa-hpcp-wg] Minutes for OGSA HPC Profile telecon (Aug 18 2006)

Donal K. Fellows donal.k.fellows at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Aug 21 08:14:26 CDT 2006

humphrey at cs.virginia.edu wrote:
> OGSA HPC Profile Minutes – Fri Aug 18 2006
[...]
>         AI-HPCP-0818a: Donal Fellow to review HPC Profile Application.
> Specifically to ensure that normative text use is correct. Also, adding
> normative text. Hopefully done before the next JSDL call on Wed.

As promised, I've reviewed the HPC Profile Application extension
document and applied a few changes (though fewer than I originally
thought). I've uploaded a change-tracked version to GridForge (in the
JSDL documentation tree) which has my changes in it together with
comments detailing a few issues that I think could do with addressing
before it goes final. (Some comments just describe reasoning behind one
or two of the changes I've made though.)

https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/docman/do/viewDocument/projects.jsdl-wg/docman.root.working_drafts/doc13749

The main thing of note I suppose is that I've beefed up the Security
Considerations to state that it is important that the UserName element
not be allowed to do end-runs around security. But that needs checking
by someone else to ensure that I've not gone too far and required that
implementations *have* a security context that could allow deduction of
what username to use. That's just the sane thing to do... :-)

Cc:ing the JSDL WG so that they can get a chance to review the doc (plus
my comments) too.

Donal.