[ogsa-dmi-wg] StartNotBefore element in Data Transfer

Mario Antonioletti mario at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Thu Oct 16 06:23:30 CDT 2008

Hi,
    I'm ok about the proposed change below - just one point of
clarification - only query that I have is the canonical time for this
is the server time in the timezone the server lives in - right? I have
a vague recollection that we did discuss this ...

> For the group: I think we need to slightly reword the Functional
> Specification better describing the StartNotBefore transfer requirement.
>
> It currently reads as:
> "This represents the [startNotBefore] information element. The data
> transfer encapsulated by the DTI MUST NOT start before the date, time
> and time zone specified by this element. If not specified its default
> value will be the date and time that the DTI was created. The DTI MUST
> NOT enter the transferring state before this time unless the “Start”
> operation on the DTI is invoked."
>
> I propose to replace that with the following paragraph:
> "This represents the [start not before] information element. The data
> transfer encapsulated by the DTI MUST NOT start before the date, time
> and time zone specified by this element. If not specified then the DTI
> MUST wait for a client to invoke the Start operation before it can
> enter the Scheduled state."

+1

Mario

|Mario Antonioletti:EPCC,JCMB,The King's Buildings,Edinburgh EH9 3JZ.   |
|Tel:0131 650 5141|mario at epcc.ed.ac.uk|http://www.epcc.ed.ac.uk/~mario/ |