[ogsa-dmi-wg] UPDATED Proposed Agenda for 6/11/06 call

Michel Drescher Michel.Drescher at uk.fujitsu.com
Mon Nov 6 05:57:39 CST 2006

Dear OGSA-DMI participants,

this is the proposed agenda for the upcoming OGSA-DMI telecon on Mon, Nov
6, 2006 at 17:00 to 18:00 UTC.

For local timezone translations, please visit
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=01&month=11&year=2006&hour=17&min=0&sec=0&p1=0

The dial-in numbers are:
      UK: +44 (0) 207 9783 410
      US:  +1 718 354 1177 (East Coast)
           +1 408 961 6567 (West Coast)
      JP: +81 (0) 335 708 280
      More numbers may be added upon request.

Participant passcode is:
      2051278

AGENDA
======

1) Early discussion (10 min)
   - Note taker assignment
   - Roll call
   - Telecon minutes approvals
     -- 18 Oct 2006: http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc13956?nav=1
     -- 25 Oct 2006: http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc13971?nav=1
     -- 01 Nov 2006: http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc13993?nav=1
   - Agenda bashing

2) Action Item Review (10 min)
    AI-10.11.a: Michel to write a data transfer use case collection for
                UNICORE
    AI-10.11.b: Gavin/Paolo to write a data transfer use case collection
                for FTS
    AI-10.11.c: Ravi to write a data transfer use case collection for RFT
    AI-10.11.d: Alex to write a data transfer use case collection for SRM
                Copy
    AI-10.18.a: Michel to contact Andreas to ask how to configure a Google
                calendar.
    AI-10.18.b: Ravi to undertake necessary steps to get a public Google
                calendar.

3) Management (20 min)
   - New phone conference time slot
     DMI shares the conference facilities with the OGF Technical Strategy
     Committee hosted by VP Standards. The TSC meets every other week on
     Wednesdays, 17:00 GMT. Since the change to winter time OGSA-DMI
     clashes with the TSC every other week.
     I am trying to find a solution that would not include moving the
     conference to another day and/or time. But just in case we do have to,
     I would like to poll for alternatives.
   - Map Action Items to Tasks on GridForge?
     -- Ravi and Michel to give quick experience report
     -- If using them, which elements and features are necessary?
   - Published document format on Gridforge?
     -- Application and OS neutral document formats?
     -- PDF for finished documents?
     -- ASCII/ANSI documents for telecon minutes?
     -- What about documents in flux with more than one author?

4) Data Movement Interface Use Cases (20 min)
   - AI to all: Get familiar with the OGSA glossary:
     http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc12777?nav=1
   - Replication
     -- How to handle?
     -- Is it in scope?
     -- Is it "a problem" of source and sink?
   - Resource identifiers
     - SURLs?
     - RNS? http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc8272?nav=1
     - File names?