[ogsa-dmi-wg] Rescheduled Call for this Friday.

Meredith, DJ (David) david.meredith at stfc.ac.uk
Thu Jul 16 04:04:05 CDT 2009

Hi folks,

Further to Mario's email, a couple of useful links for Friday's meeting:

1) The proposal for a wrapped message request is at the following link
(for transferring multiple files and directories in one atomic request
by wrapping multiple src-sink DEPRs):
http://code.google.com/p/dtsproject/source/browse/trunk/dts-jaxb/src/mai
n/resources/dmi-messagesProposals.xsd
An example at:
http://code.google.com/p/dtsproject/source/browse/trunk/dts-jaxb/src/mai
n/resources/dmi-messagesProposals.xml

2) For reference, the second link points to the current DataMINX schema
which adopts more of a JSDL/HPC file staging approach (using multiple
src and target URIs rather than DEPRs).
http://code.google.com/p/dtsproject/source/browse/trunk/dts-jaxb/src/mai
n/resources/minx-dts.xsd
An example at:
http://code.google.com/p/dtsproject/source/browse/trunk/dts-jaxb/src/mai
n/resources/MINX-DataTransferRequest-Example.xml

To recap, in DataMinx we need to:
a) Define a transfer consisting of multiple [src-sink] declarations in a
single request document where the data may reside on different hosts.
b) Define all messages in a WS-I document-literal-wrapped format (since
we are using a RESTtful style WS and our messages are routed via JMS
queues to appropriate worker nodes who will perform the transfer). Not
sure how this would fit with the WSRF factory-instance approach?

dave.