[ogsa-dmi-wg] Potential problem

Michel Drescher Michel.Drescher at uk.fujitsu.com
Mon Nov 5 10:35:31 CST 2007

Hi all,

quick shot at face value:

I don't see a problem - I see this as an implementation detail.

Primarily, I see this problem as a fault of the sink not DMI, as the
sink returns an available protocol that effectively is impossible to
use (setting temporal skews aside).

Naïve DMI implementations may simply go forward and trust the
information supplied by source and sink, while more advanced
implementation may be able to solicit that information with
heuristics, statistical/historical information and active probing as
you described.

Cheers,
Michel