[OGSA-D-WG] OGSA Data Telcon Minutes

Mario Antonioletti mario at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Fri Oct 5 03:56:51 CDT 2007

OGSA Data Working Group Telcon - 04/10/07

Agenda:

  - OGF21
  - Public Comments

Attendees:
 	Dave Berry, NeSC
 	Mario Antonioletti, EPCC
 	Allen Luniewski, IBM

o OGF21

Allen found out he could go to OGF21 during the call so the
OGSA Data Architecture session at OGF21 can go ahead.

o Public Comments

http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/discussion/do/listTopics/projects.ggf-editor/discussion.info_ogsa_data_architecture

Comment by Peter Kunszt about affiliation is straightforward to fix.

Comment by Jem Treadwell about data consistency, we need to
check how we are using the term or whether we should associate
the term policy with that.

Comment by Dave Berry about typos in the glossary should be trivial
to fix.

Comments by Hiro Kishimoto, first one is easy to deal with, some text
got cut off in the figure and numbering of services (using letters),
and rewording of ByteIO to OGSA ByteIO and DMI to OGSA DMI.

Question about moving data transfer paragraph to an earlier section may
require some rewording and some shifting.

Should use client as opposed to consumer - generally agreed.

Comment in section 2.5 will require rephrasing.

We do not use italics consistently (not in the glossary)

Consistency about capitalisation of bullet points.

We need to look at the comment: '"Secure channel" is Security Profile
instead of Basic Security Profile.' (HK7) - maybe remove the word
Basic from "OGSA Basic Security Profile".

HK8 should be a straightforward change to move normative document to
a set of profiles.

HK9 - add a table caption. Need to change the associated text too to
reference the table.

HK10 - this will have to be added into the text.

HK11 & HK12 - may not want to use bold but the point is taken.

A number of in-lined changes are ok'ed.

change "services -> interface and protocols" is ok but it should be
interfaces.

HK13 - requires discussion - we remove the current suggested
recommendation OASIS CIM TC that is already there.

HK14 - needs to be updated, check references to WS Policy.

HK15 - yep

HK16 - yes but may require some word smithing.

HK17 - requires discussion, don't want to talk about workflow.

HK18 - needs to be discussed, should probably be done via EMS.
        Need to discuss Reservation with an OGSA Person.

Add a section on 3.13 on Information services:

Please add Information Service (e.g. repository, catalog or directory)
here. Data services can use information service. On the other hand,
Information Service use data service for its storage.

Allen will chase this one up.

+--

Try to get more people to comment on the document.

DONM: 2 Nov 07, 4pm BST.