[ogsa-d-wg] Draft telcon agenda for 15th March

Dave Berry daveb at nesc.ac.uk
Mon Mar 13 10:16:26 CST 2006

The next teleconference of the OGSA Data Architecture working group will
be held on Wednesday, March 15th, 2006 at the usual time of 8:00am
Pacific / 11:00am Eastern / 4:00pm UK / 5:00pm Europe.

We have several topics to discuss over the next few weeks, including:

0. GGF16 review
1. Review of latest data arch doc.
2. Interfaces for arch doc.
3. Interfaces for scenarios doc.
4. Relationship with SRM (GSM-WG)
5. New GFS scenario.
6. New Provenance scenario.
7. GGF17 planning
8. Discussion of DAIS (and ByteIO?) specs - and comments
9. Metadata catalog scenario & services (cf. SRB)
10. Review of (final?) arch doc.
11. Review of (final?) scenarios doc.

In this telcon we will report back from GGF16 and schedule the remaining
tasks.  Please also contribute your ideas and suggestions.

Here is the teleconference information:

UK dialin: 0845 245 0224
US dialin: 1 866 838 0046
Intl dialin: +44 1452 542309

Passcode: 275359

Draft agenda for the March 15th teleconference:

1) Early discussion (5 minutes)

Note taker assignment
Roll call
Minutes Approval ((http://tinyurl.com/o935n))
Agenda bashing

2) Action report (5 minutes)

- Dave to forward old message about interface description.
- Dave to mail Reagan re SRB.
- Dave to raise the question of URIs for data formats (etc) at the GGF16
data area meeting.
- Stephen to add a paragraph to the architecture document about reasons
for naming, if still needed after Allen's revisions.
- Stephen to add interface names to the scenario diagrams.
- Ann to check the Access section for suitability for file replication.
- Neil to update the ByteIO subsection.
- Section authors to add security notes to their sections.
- Everyone to talk with your contacts to get more participation in this
WG.
- Allen/Dave to contact David Martin & Hiro Kishimoto to get reviewers &
expert participation.

3) GGF16 Report (20 minutes)

Our session 1: presentation of status & responses
Our session 2: Grid File Systems, provenance
Other sessions of note
OGSA F2F meeting

4) Progress & planning (25 minutes)

Topics for next meetings
Schedule for document writing
Links with other WGs

5) Wrap up (5 minutes)
AOB
DONM

Dave Berry
Deputy Director, Research & E-infrastructure Development
National e-Science Centre, 15 South College Street
Edinburgh, EH8 9AA                  +44 131 651 4039