[OGSA-BES-WG] Unresolved issues in BES from implementation experiences

Piotr Domagalski piotr.domagalski at fedstage.com
Mon Mar 3 12:13:17 CST 2008

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 12:28 AM, Steven Newhouse
<Steven.Newhouse at microsoft.com> wrote:
> There are some issues arising from recent implementation experiences that need some discussion...
>
>  * Handling SOAP Faults

As I've seen no response, I'll try my best to to sum up the things
that I consider unresolved:

1. I assume that faults can be thrown both directly (when the requests
concerns a vector of 1 elements or the fault concerns all the elements
in the vector) and indirectly (in the response body).

2. Therefore, I think that WSDL is lacking the following (direct) faults:

NotAuthorizedFault for operation GetActivityStatuses
NotAuthorizedFault for operation TerminateActivities
NotAuthorizedFault for operation GetActivityDocuments

3. Are the faults CantApplyOperationToCurrentStateFault,
OperationWillBeAppliedEventuallyFault meant to be used for any of the
specified calls or are they supposed to be used with BES-Activity?

--
Piotr Domagalski