[OGSA-BES-WG] The up-to-date specification?

Steven Newhouse Steven.Newhouse at microsoft.com
Wed Feb 20 11:38:37 CST 2008

> I don't think I got that.

Does the explanation given in the other email resolve this?

> In that case when should the SOAP fault UnknownActivityIdentifierFault
> be thrown (not the one put into the Response element) ? It is defined
> as WSDL operation fault for GetActivityStatuses, TerminateActivities
> and GetActivityDocument. Should that be the case, when all of the
> supplied identifiers are unknown (as required in 6.2, first bullet)?

Exactly. If it does not apply to all then individual responses are needed in the response vector.

> Other related question - what error should be returned by
> TerminateActivity that is called on an already cancelled/failed
> activity?

Implementation specific. Applying terminate to a terminated activity is no operation.

> And what about the case of not authorized termination?

Implementation specific behavior at present.

> The
> spec doesn't mention NotAuthorizedFault being possible here but does
> so in case of GetActivityDocument which is obviously less harmful.

Hmm. The text mentions NotAuthorizedFault but the list of faults (6.2.4.3) does not. This is something to raise when we review before going to full specification. Should all of these operations be throwing NotAuthorizedFaults or is the text in the paragraph a 'mistake'.

I've raised a tracker for this. Good catch.

> OK, thanks. And when can we expect OGSA-BES to become a full OGF
> recommendation?

I imagine before Barcelona.

Steven