[OGSA-BES-WG] Something else

Ian Foster foster at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 13 22:22:23 CDT 2006

Andrew:

We could also make this a property of the BES, that could be discoverable.

But I am ok with it being undefined.

Ian.

At 07:21 PM 9/13/2006 -0400, Andrew Grimshaw wrote:

>All,
>
>It has been brought to my attention that the BES spec is mute on how long
>information about the status of an activity is kept around once it has
>transitioned to cancelled, finished, or failed. (This is a problem with
>many queuing systems as well.) I propose that I add a sentence explicitly
>stating that it is undefined how long status information will persist once
>an activity enters one of those three states.
>

>Thoughts?

>Andrew Grimshaw
>
>Professor of Computer Science
>
>University of Virginia
>
>434-982-2204
>
>grimshaw at cs.virginia.edu
>

>--

Ian Foster -- Weblog: http://ianfoster.typepad.com
Computation Institute: www.ci.uchicago.edu & www.ci.anl.gov
Argonne: MCS/221, 9700 S. Cass Ave, Argonne, IL 60439
Chicago: Rm 405, 5640 S. Ellis Ave, Chicago, IL 60637
Tel: +1 630 252 4619 --- Globus Alliance: www.globus.org