[OGSA-BES-WG] Something else

Pulsipher_Darren at emc.com Pulsipher_Darren at emc.com
Wed Sep 13 18:26:34 CDT 2006

I agree

________________________________

From: ogsa-bes-wg-bounces at ogf.org [mailto:ogsa-bes-wg-bounces at ogf.org]
On Behalf Of Andrew Grimshaw
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 7:21 PM
To: ogsa-bes-wg at ggf.org
Subject: [OGSA-BES-WG] Something else

All,

It has been brought to my attention that the BES spec is mute on how
long information about the status of an activity is kept around once it
has transitioned to cancelled, finished, or failed. (This is a problem
with many queuing systems as well.) I propose that I add a sentence
explicitly stating that it is undefined how long status information will
persist once an activity enters one of those three states.

Thoughts?

Andrew Grimshaw

Professor of Computer Science

University of Virginia