[ogsa-bes-wg] A Q about the BES document

Ian Foster foster at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 20 08:38:55 CDT 2006

Hi,

I am reviewing (and editing) the BES document, and have a question that
doesn't seem worth raising in a tracker.

In the state discussion, there are sentences something like the following:

a) An activity stays in the StagingOut state until all staging out
actions have moved to a Terminal state (Done, Exception, Terminated).

b) If the terminal state of any staging out actions is Exception then the
activity moves to a Exception state.

I interpret these two sentences to mean that we only enter the Exception
state when all staging out actions have completed. I.e., that if one stage
out fails, but others are still going, we wait until the others have
completed before moving to the Exception state. Is that correct?

Thanks -- Ian.