[ogsa-bes-wg] RE: [jsdl-wg] Questions and potential changes to JSDL, as seen from HPC Profile point-of-view

Marvin Theimer theimer at microsoft.com
Fri Jun 9 20:45:11 CDT 2006

Hi;

For the case I'm focused on -- namely a BES service exposing what it has
available -- one can argue that the service already knows who the
requestor is because of standard WS-Security.  So it can choose to
tailor its answers accordingly if it wants to.

By-the-way, I'm now thinking that maybe the simplest case for describing
available resources is actually to specify a very small number of
aggregate values, such as number of compute nodes that are available,
rather than specifying an array of jsdl documents.  What do you think?

Marvin.