[OGSA-AUTHZ] SOAP and WS-Security with respect to current OGSA AuthN and AuthZ docs

David Chadwick d.w.chadwick at kent.ac.uk
Thu Jun 21 08:59:27 CDT 2007

Concerning the Autthz agenda item, there is no progress to report since
oGF20. One thing we might like to consider is how do we engage the
community more in contributing to this work, or do we just throw in our
hats and say that no-one is really interested in pushing the authz work
forward anymore

regards

David

Alan Sill wrote:
> At today's joint meeting on OGSA AuthN and AuthZ today (see info
> below), I'd like to look at comments raised by Blair Dillaway with
> respect to the relation between WS-Security and the current round of
> OGSA working profiles and documents.
>
> In particular, I am interested in knowing whether more general
> methods of formulating the basic security architectures are possible
> or whether they all have to be tied to WS-Security.  The topic of
> SOAP as an optional or required feature is interesting to me.
>
> Details of the call as sent by Hiro are below.  Call-ins are welcome.
>
> Alan
>
> When: 10-11am EDT, 9-10am CDT, 7-8am PDT, 11pm-midnight  JST, 3-4pm UK
>
> Dial-in numbers for Thursday:
>     Free: +1-888-452-0308
>     Intl/Toll: +(210) 234-7446
>     PIN:  71815
>     See more information:
>     - https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/wiki1477
>
> Screen share service:
>      Usage: https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/wiki1584
>
> Note: ** OGF IPR POLICY APPLIES **
>         http://www.ogf.org/About/abt_policies.php
>
> 1) Early discussion
>           Social study notification
>           - https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/wiki1717
>           Note taker assignment
>           Roll call
>           Agenda bashing
>
> 2) OGSA AuthZ-WG update (David Chadwick)
>
> 3) OGSA-AuthN-Wg update (Alan Sill)
>
> View your event at http://www.google.com/calendar/event?
> action=VIEW&eid=dGJjNm9nc2o4cjUzZnY1YmVucnYwZmZzNXMgb2dzYS13Z0BvZ2Yub3Jn
> &tok=MTcjb2dzYS53Z0BnbWFpbC5jb200NTliZDU3MjU4NzFiNzRhNmQxN2JkNjBlYTg1NzU
> yZmFkNDk1YzAx&ctz=America%2FChicago&hl=en.
>

> Alan Sill, Ph.D
> TIGRE Senior Scientist, High Performance Computing Center
> Adjunct Professor of Physics
> TTU

David W. Chadwick, BSc PhD
The Computing Laboratory, University of Kent, Canterbury, CT2 7NF
Skype Name: davidwchadwick
Tel: +44 1227 82 3221
Fax +44 1227 762 811
Mobile: +44 77 96 44 7184