[OGSA-AUTHZ] SOAP and WS-Security with respect to current OGSA AuthN and AuthZ docs

Alan Sill Alan.Sill at ttu.edu
Thu Jun 21 08:53:39 CDT 2007

At today's joint meeting on OGSA AuthN and AuthZ today (see info
below), I'd like to look at comments raised by Blair Dillaway with
respect to the relation between WS-Security and the current round of
OGSA working profiles and documents.

In particular, I am interested in knowing whether more general
methods of formulating the basic security architectures are possible
or whether they all have to be tied to WS-Security.  The topic of
SOAP as an optional or required feature is interesting to me.

Details of the call as sent by Hiro are below.  Call-ins are welcome.

Alan

When: 10-11am EDT, 9-10am CDT, 7-8am PDT, 11pm-midnight  JST, 3-4pm UK

Dial-in numbers for Thursday:
    Free: +1-888-452-0308
    Intl/Toll: +(210) 234-7446
    PIN:  71815
    See more information:
    - https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/wiki1477

Screen share service:
     Usage: https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/wiki1584

Note: ** OGF IPR POLICY APPLIES **
        http://www.ogf.org/About/abt_policies.php

1) Early discussion
          Social study notification
          - https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/wiki1717
          Note taker assignment
          Roll call
          Agenda bashing

2) OGSA AuthZ-WG update (David Chadwick)

3) OGSA-AuthN-Wg update (Alan Sill)

View your event at http://www.google.com/calendar/event?
action=VIEW&eid=dGJjNm9nc2o4cjUzZnY1YmVucnYwZmZzNXMgb2dzYS13Z0BvZ2Yub3Jn
&tok=MTcjb2dzYS53Z0BnbWFpbC5jb200NTliZDU3MjU4NzFiNzRhNmQxN2JkNjBlYTg1NzU
yZmFkNDk1YzAx&ctz=America%2FChicago&hl=en.

Alan Sill, Ph.D
TIGRE Senior Scientist, High Performance Computing Center
Adjunct Professor of Physics
TTU