[OGSA-AUTHZ] minutes of yesterdays telecon

David Chadwick d.w.chadwick at kent.ac.uk
Thu Feb 15 12:29:38 CST 2007

Hi Blair

thanks for your comments. I have one question below

Blair Dillaway wrote:

CUT

> I may not have the complete context here, but seems to me there may
> be an important difference in some environments. The policy for
> controlling the assignment of permissions based on roles may not be
> available at the site where an authorisation assertion is validated
> and consumed. In such cases, the role needs to validated and an
> authorisation assertion generated even if they have a 1:1 mapping.

I would like to clarify the above. The site where an authz assertion is
validated and consumed must be the resource site. Correct? So you are
saying that the resource site has no control over which roles give
permissions to access it, and instead it trusts an external TTP to say
who has permission to access it. Is this your model?

regards

David

David W. Chadwick, BSc PhD
The Computing Laboratory, University of Kent, Canterbury, CT2 7NF
Skype Name: davidwchadwick
Tel: +44 1227 82 3221
Fax +44 1227 762 811
Mobile: +44 77 96 44 7184