[OGSA-AUTHZ] Next Telecon

Valerio Venturi valerio.venturi at cnaf.infn.it
Mon Oct 16 08:57:33 CDT 2006

Dear David,
I won't be able to attend the telecon today. Since there where some
pending issues from the discussione we had in Washington, I'm sending
you an update.

Attribute Authority Interface
We've red the OASIS draft that we were pointed to in Washington OGF by
Tom Scavo and found it good and detailed. It's pretty much like what we
were thinking about, so we dont' think there's need for producing
another doc which won't add much. We'll contact Tom with some concerns
we have.

VOMS first attribute
Frank Siebenlist asked whether it would be possible to add a tag to mark
the first of VOMS attributes (both in the context of Attribute
Certificates and SAML Assertions) since it had a special semantic.
Actually, it is the order of the attributes that is meaningfull in VOMS,
not only the first. The voms client indeed have a mean of specyfing the
entire order in which attributes appear. In the context of AC, this is
not a problem since you can specify order in a ASN.1 SEQUENCE. It is in
the context of a SAML Assertion, since despite the fact that most of the
parser will return the child elements of AttributeStatement as they
appear in the doc, this is not mandatoiry. So we are thinking about how
to retain the same behaviour using SAML Assertion.

State
I don't have progress to report on this matter. Last month we were very
busy. My plan is still to circulate some use case to the list, and I
hope I can do it soon, but I'm not able to tell now how soon.

Valerio