[OGSA-AUTHZ] Start of revised charter

David Chadwick d.w.chadwick at kent.ac.uk
Thu Jan 26 17:20:29 CST 2006

Von

one final thing. There is a difference between a valid attribute and an
authentic attribute. An authentic attribute means that it was issued by
the issuer and hasnt been tampered with (this is an authentication type
decision arrived at by a technique such as signature validation). A
valid attribute on the other hand is one that can be used and is
trusted. So for example, an authentic United Gold card is valid for
entry into the Red Carpet Club but not into Admirals club. So the
validation service makes the decision whether the attribute is valid or not.

regards

David

Von Welch wrote:
> I'm curious about the following item. This would seem to overlap with
> xkms, or do I misunderstand it.
>
> Von
>
> •    A specification of a credential or security token validation
> protocol between the PEP and a credential/security token validation
> service (the returned result is a set of validated attributes that  can
> be fed into the PDP using the authorisation protocol).
>

> On Jan 26, 2006, at 7:49 AM, David Chadwick wrote:
>
>> Hi Olle
>>
>> the doc was actually a word doc with track changes switched on so
>> that people could compare the original charter with the proposed
>> revised one. I attach a version with all changes accepted. This
>> should be easier to read.
>>
>> regards
>>
>> David
>>

>> Olle Mulmo wrote:
>>
>>> David,
>>> It be that I have a broken RTF reader (Mac), but when I open your
>>> document I find a garbled mix (mess?) of old and new text, to the
>>> point of it all being unreadable. For starters, it talks about
>>> deliverables at GGF 159, GGF 180, and GGF2011... :-)
>>> /Olle

>> --

>> David W. Chadwick, BSc PhD
>> Professor of Information Systems Security
>> The Computing Laboratory, University of Kent, Canterbury, CT2 7NF
>> Tel: +44 1227 82 3221
>> Fax +44 1227 762 811
>> Mobile: +44 77 96 44 7184
>> Email: D.W.Chadwick at kent.ac.uk
>> Home Page: http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/people/staff/dwc8/index.html
>> Research Web site: http://sec.cs.kent.ac.uk
>> Entrust key validation string: MLJ9-DU5T-HV8J
>> PGP Key ID is 0xBC238DE5

>> <OGSA_AuthZ-2-1_Charter(noTrack).rtf>

David W. Chadwick, BSc PhD
Email: D.W.Chadwick at kent.ac.uk