[OGSA-AUTHZ] Start of revised charter

David Chadwick d.w.chadwick at kent.ac.uk
Thu Jan 26 17:16:45 CST 2006

Hi Von

this service is similar to part of the WS-Trust STS service. It will
validate any type of security token containing any type of attribute. So
for example it can validate an X.509 AC or a SAML assertion.

On the other hand, XKMS is only a public key service, isnt it?

regards

David

Von Welch wrote:
> I'm curious about the following item. This would seem to overlap with
> xkms, or do I misunderstand it.
>
> Von
>
> •    A specification of a credential or security token validation
> protocol between the PEP and a credential/security token validation
> service (the returned result is a set of validated attributes that  can
> be fed into the PDP using the authorisation protocol).
>

> On Jan 26, 2006, at 7:49 AM, David Chadwick wrote:
>
>> Hi Olle
>>
>> the doc was actually a word doc with track changes switched on so
>> that people could compare the original charter with the proposed
>> revised one. I attach a version with all changes accepted. This
>> should be easier to read.
>>
>> regards
>>
>> David
>>

>> Olle Mulmo wrote:
>>
>>> David,
>>> It be that I have a broken RTF reader (Mac), but when I open your
>>> document I find a garbled mix (mess?) of old and new text, to the
>>> point of it all being unreadable. For starters, it talks about
>>> deliverables at GGF 159, GGF 180, and GGF2011... :-)
>>> /Olle

>> --

>> David W. Chadwick, BSc PhD
>> Professor of Information Systems Security
>> The Computing Laboratory, University of Kent, Canterbury, CT2 7NF
>> Tel: +44 1227 82 3221
>> Fax +44 1227 762 811
>> Mobile: +44 77 96 44 7184
>> Email: D.W.Chadwick at kent.ac.uk
>> Home Page: http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/people/staff/dwc8/index.html
>> Research Web site: http://sec.cs.kent.ac.uk
>> Entrust key validation string: MLJ9-DU5T-HV8J
>> PGP Key ID is 0xBC238DE5

>> <OGSA_AuthZ-2-1_Charter(noTrack).rtf>

David W. Chadwick, BSc PhD
Email: D.W.Chadwick at kent.ac.uk